August 25, 2015: Version 3.2 runs on Windows 10 (64 Bit). However, animations only by an external media player.
August 16, 2015
: Picture 14-8 changed; Atlas stage 11 is working again; animations: the last image will be shown for 5 seconds; download and install this version: Download
June 14, 2015
: Version 3.2 runs on Windows 8.1 (64 Bit). Download
Human Embryology and Teratology - A concise course - Third edition - 6
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
The following FAQ concern version 3.2.
- Animations don't work: Perhaps the Windows Media Player or the decoder for AVI is missing. Please install the Media Player and/or the decoder. Please link .AVI with the Media Player. You will find in the directory DATA the AVI videos. Start a video. The Windows Media Player will be initialized and configured at the first time. If the internal Media Player does not work, please set under options Use external media player for animations. If the Windows Media Player does not work, you may also install the program AVS Media Player or VLC Media Player. Please link .AVI with the corresponding Media Player (normally done at installation).
- Atlas stage 11 does not work: Please download version 3.2 of August 2015 and install it.
- Windows XP (SP2), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1: program works.
These FAQ concern version 3. Version 3.1 and 3.2 work on Windows XP (SP2), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1! Some FAQ may also be useful for version 3.1 and 3.2.
- Abbreviations and terms: which ones uses the program? See the documents "Abbreviations and Synonyms", "Atlas - term from synonym", "Atlas - synonym to term" and "Terms English - Deutsch - Fran├žais".
- Animations don't work: Perhaps the Media Player or the codec is missing. Please install the Media Player or Winamp from the CD. Also the K-Lite codec pack is on the CD. See the directory \SOFTWARE on the CD.
- Animations in my applications? This is not permitted. All animations are subject to the copyright of Professor G├╝nter Rager. For any uses you must get written permission.
- Black border around a page? Perhaps you clicked coincidentally on "maximizing": Click on "restoring" (intermediary button, above right).
- Book version of the program? Doesn't exist.
- Bookmark files from the version 1 or 2? Without problem. The program translates automatically of the version 1 or 2 into the version 3. Caution: A bookmark file in the version 3 cannot be read anymore by the program of the version 1 or 2!
- Characters appear on the screen in disorder: Please make sure that "Small Fonts" are set in the graphic driver. Otherwise the elements appear "confused" on the screen.
- Font size of the screen: Please set "Small Fonts" on the screen, normal size (96 dpi). Otherwise the view of the program is too large, the buttons are not correct regarding to the image and in the atlas the fields don't match with the image!
- French version of the program: Is available! It must be installed separately.
- Frequently asked questions in French and German: yes!
- German version of the program: Is available! It must be installed separately.
- Images in my applications? This is not permitted. All images are subject to the copyright of Professor G├╝nter Rager. For any uses you must get written permission.
- Index available? No, this is not necessary. You can scan the whole CD with "Index and search".
- Linux: For the moment there is no version for Linux. Alternative: use virtualization software: VirtualBox, WineHQ.
- List to atlas terms available? Yes. See the document "Atlas - term to stage page".
- Mac OS: For the moment there is no version for the Mac of Apple. The program was developed with Toolbook Instructor 2004 by SumTotal. And SumTotal doesn't offer a version for the Mac of Apple. Alternative: use virtualization software: VirtualBox, Virtual PC, VMware, WineHQ.
- My error message is not specified here. What can I do? The program was developed with Toolbook Instructor 2004 by SumTotal. Depending upon configuration and operating system different problems may arise. Please refer to the web page: http://www.toolbook.com/support.php If you have installed several programs with different Toolbook versions on your PC, then you may start the program with: C:\HUMEMB3E\HUMEMB3\TB89RUN.EXE C:\HUMEMB3E\HUMEMB3\HUMEMB3E.EXE
- Page called directly, not as Hyperlink: Press on the right mouse button, instead of the left one, if you point with the pointer of the mouse to a link.
- Pages only partly visible? Did you set the screen resolution at least to "1024 x 768" and to "True Color"?
- Print command missing: That is correct. For copyright reasons no printing command is available.
- Print screen key doesn't work: That is correct. This function was switched off for copyright reasons.
- Program is very slow: That can have different causes: 1) The processor is slow. A Pentium compatible processor is recommended with at least 500 MHz and 256 MByte RAM. 2) When the program is running from a CD-ROM drive: the CD-ROM drive is slow. Recommended: CD-ROM drive with 8 times reading speed. 3) When the program is running from a CD-ROM drive: You may install with INSTHE3E.EXE the program on your hard disc (about 140 MByte required). You may click on the page "Title" on "Installs the program on the hard disc".
- Taskbar covers a part of the page? Move the pointer of the mouse on the taskbar. Press on the right mouse button and select "properties". Activate "automatic to background" and click on "OK". The taskbar will now disappear and you see the page completely. If you come with the pointer of the mouse to the proximity of the taskbar, it appears again.
- Text in my applications? This is not permitted. All texts are subject to the copyright of Professor G├╝nter Rager. For any uses you must get written permission.
- Translation of the terms to German and French? Yes. See the doument "Terms English - Deutsch - Fran├žais".
- Uninstall: If the program runs from the CD-ROM drive, then nothing must be uninstalled. Otherwise you click on "Uninstall Human Embryology".
- Version 2 and 3 of the program together? That is possible. However, don't install the program of the version 3 in the directory of the version 2.
- Windows 2000: the program runs extremely slowly or is blocked: Please install the newest service pack. You will find further information in the directory \SOFTWARE\FIX_W2000 on the CD.
- Windows 7 32 Bit: does the program work? See Windows Vista 32 Bit.
- Windows 7 64 Bit: does the program work? See Windows Vista 64 Bit.
- Windows NT, 2000: program doesn't work or is crashing: Please check: the temp directory and the installation directory should not have spaces! Define TEMP= C:\TEMP and select for example C:\HUMEMB3E for the installation directory.
- Windows Vista 32 Bit (Windows 7 32 Bit): does the program work? This program works in some configurations with reduced functionality. For example, the menus cannot be opened. For more information please read the following web page: http://kb.sumtotalsystems.com/community_kb_tb_display.asp?id=Q116665328000010 Alternative: use virtualization software: VirtualBox, Virtual PC, VMware.
- Windows Vista 64 Bit (Windows 7 64 Bit): does the program work? This program does not work. Please see the page: http://kb.sumtotalsystems.com/community_kb_tb_display.asp?id=Q116665328000010 Try to install the Windows XP Mode: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx. Alternative: use virtualization software: VirtualBox, Virtual PC, VMware.
No solution found? Then you may send us via contact your question. Please describe as exactly as possible your current configuration and your problem with the program. Thanks.